Payday 2 is one of the very popular shooting action games available on well-known gaming platforms and windows. Thanks to the payday 2 blt mod manager, having mods over payday 2 has always been very simple. But now it seems like the tables have turned.
Recently many gamers have come up with functioning issues with their payday 2 mods on relevant forums. Some of them can get into the play, and the mods are not executed, while others cannot initiate the game with active mods.
If you are also one of them, this is the right place for you. This article will first discuss all the potential causes of why payday mods don’t work, plus how to troubleshoot.
Why Are Payday 2 Not Working?
There are more than a few reasons due to which a payday 2 mod gets triggered and stops functioning the way it should. The causes are listed as follows:
1. The Mod Files Aren’t Placed at the Right Location
There are two kinds of payday mods. One type of Mods carries mods.txt files that are further used to change base-game XML files via the blt manager. Whereas the second type doesn’t carry mods.txt files at all.
Both the mod types should be in separate folders located at different places. However, if the mods end up being in the same folder, they’ll stop functioning, especially the Payday blt mods.
2. The IPHLPAPI.dll is Missing or Incompatible With the OS
Because of different reasons, there are times when a system running on the Microsoft Windows 10 OS lags to load files of the best Vanilla version. In such cases, superbly payday 2 makes use of the “.dll” file instead to eradicate the issue.
3. The VC Redist 2017 is Corrupt or Missing
Payday 2 game and the game’s best mod manager require an installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 in the system to work efficiently. If the program isn’t present or is nonfunctional, but might undergo problems while trying to execute the mods. In fact, it can also stop the entire game from launching in some cases.
Now that you are aware of all the possible causes of your payday 2 mods acting fishy, it’s time to take action against them. If you are still not sure about the exact reason behind the issue, we recommend trying all the enlisted solutions one by one to find the best way out.
How to Resolve Payday 2 Mods Not Working?
Solution 1: Reinforce the Mods Files Locations
As said above, if mods files are placed in the wrong location, then this can cause problems. Follow the steps below to check whether both the mods files are accurately placed and correct their locations if not:
- Right-click on the game shortcut and click Open File Location
- Next, open the Mods folder and individually identify and copy all mods present without mod.txt files within their files.
- Go back to the primary directory and navigate to the Assets folder, then open the mod_overrides folder.
- Here paste all the copied mods files. If you don’t find the mod_overrides folder in Assets, create one and then paste.
- After the mods finish copying to the new location, delete them from the original mods folder.
Solution 2: Repair or Reinstall Microsoft VC Redist 2017
If you still find payday 2 mods not working then there is a good chance the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2017 file has either corrupted or has gone missing. Thus, here it is recommended to repair or reinstall the application.
Repairing Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2017 File
- Click Start, enter Control Panel of your system, then Programs
- Next, choose Programs and click on Programs and Features.
- Navigate and click open Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
- The menu will show a Change button. Click that
- Upon clicking, a Modify Setup Window will pop open. Click the Repair button. Then click Yes after the UAC tab prompts
- Windows OS will initiate a scan of the Redist 2017 program for corrupted or missing folders and repair them automatically.
- Click on the Close option once the process is completed.
Next, you need to restart your system for the changes to save and come into effect. Once you are done rebooting the computer, open Payday 2 and check whether the mods are working or not. If the issue is still there, then reinstall the redist 2017 package to fix the problem.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2017
- Click Start, enter Control Panel of your system, then Programs
- Next, enter Programs and Features and select open Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
- Tap Uninstall and click Yes if prompted by UAC to confirm your action. Also, repeat this process for all the Visual C++ software.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redist while the former gets uninstalled. Install as soon as the download completes
- Once installed, restart your computer and check to see if the mods load.
Solution 3: Disable Compatibility Settings
In many cases, even a slight fallacy in configuration can cause the blt payday 2 or the associated mods to stop functioning. Fortunately, this issue can be resolved by simply disabling compatibility settings from the game. Follow the steps to do so:
- Double click Payday’s shortcut or go to its main installation folder. Right-click on its executable file to access Properties
- Enter its window and click open the Compatibility tab
- Uncheck the “Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For.” option present in the compatibility menu
- Now choose Apply to implement all changes and then hit the Ok button
Solution 4: Replace Vanilla BLT with Payday 2 Super BLT
Another useful method of solving the payday 2 mods, not working dilemma is implementing the super blt mod manager in place of vanilla blt mod manager. For that:
- Navigate to Payday 2’s main installation folder and delete the “IPHLPAPI.dll “file. Click Yes if you are asked to validate your action.
- From within the same directory, also delete the “mods/base” folder.
- Next download the Payday Super BLT mod manager
- As it gets downloaded, extract the zip file, and from inside the file, copy the “wsock32.dll” folder
- Nex,t go to Payday’s main installation folder and paste the copied .dll folder there.
- Run the game via payday2_win32_release.exe file, upon which the Super BLT mod manager will notify you of downloading the base mode file. Click on Yes to continue
- Once the downloading finishes, place the mods in their correct folders
- Start Payday 2 and check if the mods issue is resolved or not.
The issue of Payday 2 mods not working has become quite common in today’s gaming community. Now that you are aware of the top 4 solutions resolving the mod problem is not a big deal either.
There is often not one but a couple of reasons why your payday mods might stop operating. Hence, make sure you follow all four of the given methods one by one to troubleshoot the issue better.